2008-08-02

I've found a place to stay..

Hey guys,

I know I was quite lazy in updating this blog. But I have had so many things to do last week... these are only some of the things I've done during the week: finding a place, doing a project with two of my classmates, buying furniture, finding the right cell phone contract, trip to Victoria etc..
But the most important thing was for sure finding a nice place in Kitsilano, that is really close to the campus and to the beach!! Check out the following link which shows my place:


I will live there together with a Canadian girl named Trisha. Her parents are originally from Holland, which gives her the wonderful last name 'Van der Star'!!! What a funky name! And she seems to be really nice. Next sunday I will finally move in. Last saturday I've been to Ikea and spend a bunch of money to buy my bed & stuff. This is how the house looks like:


















I'm really looking forward to living there and being so close to the beach!

My MBA Program runs quite well. Yesterday was my last day of the International Student Program. This program was made to familiarize international students with the North American university system and the Canadian economy in general. This program ended with a group presentation. I was supposed to do a Presentation about 'Forest Industry in British Columbia'. Yeah, I know this doesn't sound very exciting, but it ended up to be a really cool project. We were divided into groups of three people. I was really lucky with my team: I worked together with a Mexican girl called Alejandra and a guy from Bahrain called Leo. We worked so hard together, that we became really good friend within a short period of time! Both of them are so cool. And our presentation has gone down well... the profs loved our short movie about the forests in BC ;-)
To celebrate the survived presentation, we all went to a pub on campus and had a couple of drinks! This is how it looks like when people from Bahrain, Mexico, Venezuela, Iran, Taiwan and Czech Republic (or Germany) party together:



















Wish you all a wonderful weekend!  Miss you all!

alena

1 comment:

Tigerauge said...

The new accomodation looks very good! And meanwhile, I'm no longer suprised, that IKEA is everywhere :-)